Thanks very much to the lovely Claire from TheSameStars.com for nominating me for a Liebster, see her nominations here.
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
It’s been around for a few years and it’s “rules” seem to have morphed over time, but basically it is a way to recognise bloggers that you enjoy following. It is passed on from one blogger to another to let them know that they are doing a good job and to encourage them to keep blogging. It’s a good way to show support, check out new blogs, and help promote readership.
So how does this work?
When you receive the award, post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you on your blog.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and ask them 11 questions. Make sure you tell them you nominated them.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you.
My 11 Random Facts:
- I was born with eleven toes.
- I have eaten barbecued silk worms – and enjoyed them.
- When I lived in London I lost all my freckles through lack of sunshine (but luckily they all came back in sunny Sydney).
- Rollercoasters are not me friend – even the little old fashioned ones make me nauseous.
- The All Blacks are my religion.
- My favourite food is fresh Nelson Bay scallops from NZ.
- I lived in London for 10 years in the following suburbs: Paddington, Wembley, Turnpike Lane, Plaistow, South Clapham, Putney – yes, I did a complete compass circumnavigation of the city.
- When I first travelled to Mexico, the Chiapas uprising occurred.
- When I first travelled to the Middle East, the Gulf War broke out..
- When I first travelled to India, a local civil war broke out in Rajasthan and there were curfews and helicopter gunships shooting all night.
- …do you see a certain pattern here?
My Answers to Claire’s 11 Questions:
- What book changed your life? a big glossy kids atlas of the world with pictures of the Pyramids and igloos and things – I was hooked.
- If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life what would it be? a bespoke album containing all 8533 songs currently on my iPod – I’m sorry, I need variety (OK maybe I can leave Wham behind).
- What is the best Festival you’ve ever been to? Glastonbury, the year Oasis headlined, before they imploded.
- If you could fly anywhere in the world in the morning where would you go? Antarctica.
- Why did you start your travel blog? My friends had already heard all my travel stories, I needed to expand my audience.
- What do you miss most about home when you are away? my local cafe and it’s perfect brunch.
- Who inspires you the most? My friends, they inspire me daily.
- What is your earliest travel-related memory? Being car-sick as our parents drove us for a day out at the beach over winding, one lane wide, unsealed roads, where you had to beep the car horn before every corner to warn any on-coming traffic.
- What one item do you never travel without? A camera.
- Where do you think of as ‘home’? Bondi.
- Are they thongs or flip flops? Neither, they are jandals (it’s a kiwi thing).
My 11 Questions to the Blogs I Nominate:
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is something you wish you could do really well?
- If you had the chance to have lunch with one person living or dead, who would it be?
- What makes you smile?
- What activity recharges your energy?
- What is the best Festival you’ve ever been to?
- What social network do you use the most?
- Why did you start your travel blog?
- Where did you get your first passport stamp?
- What one item do you never travel without?
- Dogs or cats?
I’d like to recognize other deserving bloggers too, both new and established. So here’s my 11 Nominees:
Clare at Earth Travel Unlimited
Elle at Elle Croft
Red at Red Nomad Oz
Paul at Walk Fly Pinoy
Amanda at Adventures All Round
Ryan at Just Chuckin It
Girish at Girish Menon
Yvette at Where is Yvette
Juno at Runaway Juno
Ainslee at Good Airs
Meruschka at Mzansi Girl
Let’s give these blogs a round of applause and show some love. Visit their website, comment on their posts, and share their stuff with friends on social media.
Thank you again Claire from TheSameStars.com for the nomination! Let’s keep this going and recognize other bloggers for their work.
Hi nominees, what are your answers to the questions above?